Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beginning Quilting


Ahh - I am sure many of us think back to our first project. That Quilt that started it all. For me, it was a learn to quilt kit that my aunt gave me for Christmas when I was 10. It was just a nine patch doll quilt with a muslin backing. I hand stitched it all, and when it came to quilting, I was far to busy to do a great job at that age, I stitched a quick running stitch S across the middle of the quilt and called it done.

Now I look back and think" well, maybe I should fix that!" But then it wouldn't be my first quilt. I have come along way baby! I finished a beautiful Moda Block of the month for my father for Christmas, and I have to say, that knitting has taken over my life. Just yesterday I was taking in another block of the month class and I think the bug is back. I have the itch to quilt, but I have to get my sewing room cleaned up.

Here is my inspiration, the Moda Fabrics for my newest quilt and the first one that I have designed! Maybe it will inspire you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment